POLICY AND PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION 100% Literacy NEGERI JOHOR (P1NCH)
In 1983 New Primary School Curriculum (KBSR) was introduced. This change indicates an effort to return to basic education (back to the basic) with a focus on reading skills, writing and arithmetic (3M). It has put an emphasis on the important issues of dominance with 3M enrichment and recovery activities in class KBSR. However, the planning KBSR neatly and carefully not diimplimentasikan more effectively due to several factors that can not be avoided. It is clear diperbahaskan KBSR in seminars at the national level in 1989 who has made a conclusion that;
"The implementation of recovery programs and enrichment classes in KBSR not reach the expected level - cause there are some children can not master basic skills 3M to level two levels of schooling and low to middle school level .."
Therefore, alternative solutions such as the Special Recovery Program was introduced to help students overcome specific problems in learning, namely reading, writing and arithmetic (3M) that have no subjects with malay and Mathematics. It uses principles, solve problems as early as possible so as not to become chronic and continue to level and two at secondary school level.
In 2002 the Ministry of Education has introduced and implemented the Teaching of Science and Mathematics in English (PPSMI) for year 1 primary school and levels 1 & transition in secondary schools. Control weaknesses by the English language has become a problem in the control subjects were Mathematics.
Data primary school pupils who have academic problems deficit in 2005 at the Ministry of Education very surprising. The data is obtained based on the mastery of instruments Determinants 3M (IPP3M) used as a tool to create a deficit for the assessment of academic levels of primary school pupils. Based on such a high percentage of the action plans have been made to overcome this problem by building special instruments Determinants domination 2M for malay only.
Johor State Education Department has taken steps to overcome the problem of pupils who do not master the basic skills of reading and writing (2M). In this regard, a seminar empower Recovery Program Special state of Johor was held on June 1, 2005 at the Universiti Teknologi Tun Hussein Onn (UTHM). The seminar was launched by the Honorable, Mr Jailani Rusni Bin, Johor Director of Education to all parties involved, from the District Education Officer to all primary school head teacher in the state of Johor as Target Work Home (SKT) them.
Action plans and operational plans have been made with the target 100% literacy in 2008. The approach taken is intended to curb the problem from happening 2M and eliminate problems reading and writing of the existing.
Among the steps taken is to review and evaluate the instruments Determinants domination 3M (IPP3M) to replace the existing one instrument that focuses on problems of reading and writing only the more easily to be charged, in a weighted analysis quickly and cost-preparation materials .
The approach taken is also intended to identify special education students during the action undertaken 2M deficit problem. Therefore, it will give opportunities to all students receive an education system or method appropriate to the situation in their country's education system.
3. Implementation findings P1NCH
P1NCH program that was implemented starting in 2005 was initially run as planned. However this program has been stopped in 2007 due to several problems as follows:
3.1 Session briefing on P1NCH not be implemented effectively, many parties such as administrators, senior assistants, teachers PANITIA / head area and subjects teachers do not understand the aspirations and goals P1NCH programs.
3.2 Monitoring programs can not be done by certain parties due to lack of officers. There are also some officers involved in the monitoring program does not understand about P1NCH.
3.3 Program P1NCH at SJK (C) and SJK (T) facing many problems due to lack of teachers Recovery Special. This stems from penolakkan placement Teachers Special Recovery from other races. Most schools did not implement this program
3.4 instructions issued by the director JPNJ in 2007 requiring the programs of the Ministry of KIA2M, PROTIM and should be preferred PROBIM.
4. Review P1NCH
A comprehensive study has been made by the Special Education Unit in the USA 28 to January 30, 2009. Results of the study found the need to continue with P1NCH made some changes and improvements. A meeting with host Director of Education was held on January 30, 2009 which was also attended by the leaders sector or its representative to explain the results of the findings. Mr. Director of Education and members agreed that meetings P1NCH continued and re-launch should be implemented.
5. Key Stage P1NCH
a. Review and improvement programs
• Provide a transparent and detailed explanations to all executing programs.
• Entering Mathematics with building-related instruments.
b. Improvements sistam data collection
• Using data collection systems dPULIH to replace EKMP (Student Enrollment Progress Recovery)
c. Continual monitoring and evaluation system
• Establish district level committee to monitor the travel program.
• Implement systems 'star rating'.
• Implement headcount.
6. Concept P1NCH
P1NCH is an acronym for "100% Literacy Program 'implemented in the school system from pre-school level up to level 5 without prejudice to systems that have been set by the Ministry of Education. It seeks to ensure that each pupil or student can master the 3M period when school ended.
7. Vision P1NCH
Ensure education in the state of Johor able to curb and eliminate problems reading, writing and arithmetic (3M) among students at the end of schooling.
• Strengthening the Special rehabilitation programs / interventions as an alternative in efforts to eradicate the problem 3M
• Provide an effective instrument to identify students with problems 3M
• Implement an effective R & D in class KBSR / KBSM and recovery class Special / Intervention
• Increasing the capacity of teachers malay and Mathematics in Class KBSR / KBSM and Class Special Recovery / Intervention
• Provide class infrastructure rehabilitation Special / intervention and appropriate use of tools Teaching Helps (ABM) is effective.
• Implement monitoring and evaluation of a more frequent collection of data based on students' achievement 3M per month.
9. Goals P1NCH
Ensure 100% of pupils in primary and secondary schools in the state of Johor master basic skills like reading, writing and arithmetic (3M).
a. Students can increase capacity and capabilities through the process of teaching and learning according to their own abilities.
b. Determine the appropriate group provided assistance through the Special Rehabilitation Program / Intervention.
c. Provide information about actions taken by teachers of subjects malay and Mathematics teachers and Recovery Special / interventions to help pupils concerned.
d. All Year 4 pupils can master the basic skills 3M (Year 2010).
11. Target P1NCH
• Primary and secondary school pupils who failed 3M identified.
• Special Student Class Recovery / Intervention
• Pre-School Pupils with problems.
FLOWCHART P1NCH ( Please refer to Diagrams I)
Implementation P1NCH In Primary and Secondary Schools
12. Strategy Implementation P1NCH
Eliminate restraint and failed 3M
12.1 Step Eradicate:
• Identifying students failed 3M
• Implement Recovery Program Special / Intervention
• Implement recovery in class KBSR / KBSM
• Stay in the classroom after restored normal
12.2 Failure to rein in Step 3M:
• Inform the implementation of goals P1NCH various agencies to Pre-School
• Implement R & D is more effective in the classroom KBSR / KBSM.
• Increasing the ability Teachers Special Recovery / Intervention and Teacher KBSR / KBSM
13. ACTION PLAN PROGRAM 100% Literacy JOHOR STATE (P1NCH) 2009 (Refer to Diagrams II)
14. Gantt chart ACTION PLAN (Refer to Diagrams III)
15. ACTION PLAN FOR YEAR 2009
15.1 Meeting of construction paper concept P1NCH
15.2 Presentation concept paper P1NCH
15.3 Construction / Pemurnian instruments P1NCH
15.4 Conferences JK Master
15.5 Presentations at the meeting P1NCH KS / 2009 PPD
15.6 Working Committee Meeting
15.7 Launching P1NCH
15.8 District Level Meeting JK
15.9 Conferences JK Stage School
15:10 Upgrading P1NCH
15:11 Implementation Program
15:13 Course / workshop
15:14 Assessment (Star Restore)
16. Committee P1NCH PROGRAM 100% Literacy JOHOR STATE
Chairman: Mr. Director of Education Johor
Deputy Chairman: Mr. Deputy Director Johor
Vice Chairman: Head of Private Sector Education and Special Education
Secretary I: The Special Education Unit
Secretary II: Assistant Director of Special Recovery
Committee: Heads of Sector JPN
Chief Assistant Director BTPN
All District Education Officers
1. Determine and decide on policy implementation P1NCH.
2. Monitor the implementation of the program.
3. Receiving Reports Achievement program.
4. Prepare and submit reports to the state level achievement program Inspectorate of Schools and Special Education Division of the Ministry of Education.
Chairman: Head of Private Sector Education and Special Education
Vice Chairman: The Special Education Unit
Secretary: Assistant Director of Special Recovery
Secretary II: Special Recovery Supervisor
Committee: Assistant Director of Pre-School (Preschool / KIA2M)
Supervisors Senior Language (PROTIM)
Assistant Director of Counseling
Chairman of the Panel to consult malay (Primary / Secondary)
Chairman of the Panel to consult Mathematics (Primary / Secondary)
All Special Officer Recovery District
Head coach Special State Recovery
1. Plan, manage and operate:
• Course / Workshop / Seminar
• Tour and Exhibition
2. Determine standards and make judgments Restore Star (Star Rating)
3. Collecting data and P1NCH d `Restore.
4. Screening and assessment instruments to build P1NCH.
5. Monitor the implementation of programs P1NCH.
6. Prepare and submit reports to P1NCH Meeting Jawankuasa Master P1NCH.
7. Executing commands that have been decided in the Committee Meeting Master P1NCH.
DISTRICT LEVEL COMMITTEE
Chairman: District Education Officer
Vice Chairman: Deputy PPD
Secretary I: Special Officer of Special Education / Special Officer Special Recovery
Committee: Low PPD
President PKPSM District
MGB Regional Chairman
Chairman JKD malay
Chairman JKD Recovery
Chairman JKD Special Education
Chairman JKD Mathematics
1. Committee meeting.
2. Briefed the Principals, teachers and all involved.
3. Prepare documents related to the program P1NCH.
4. Prepare program reports achieving unification P1NCH.
5. Report presents achievement program with monthly meetings in District Education Officer.
6. Prepare and submit reports to the state level achievement program.
7. Collecting and analyzing data.
8. Provide pemantaun programs P1NCH.
COMMITTEE STAGE SCHOOL
Chairman: Principal / Headmaster
Vice Chairman: Senior Assistant Teachers 1
Secretary: Head of Field / Chief Panitia malay
Secretary II: Teacher Intervention / Recovery Special
Committee: Teacher Assistant Senior HEM
Teachers Senior Assistant Co curriculum
Head of Field / Head of Mathematics Panitia
Senior Assistant Teacher Afternoon
Teacher Guidance Counseling
Special Education Coordinator GPK
Teachers of Mathematics
(* Appointment of school committees as appropriate)
1. Planning programs.
2. Plan allocation of financial resources.
3. Provide teaching and learning materials.
4. P1NCH monthly meeting programs.
5. Prepare and submit reports to the achievement of the program of District Education Offices.
6. Monitor students' achievement.
7. Managing File System as existing.